LeRoy Eims on the importance of Scripture memory: "I think two of the master strokes of the devil have been to convince people he doesn't exist, and that Scripture memory is only for children. He remembers the humility of defeat when Jesus Christ, who was tempted in all points like as we are, met him with the Word of God." (What Every Christian Should Know About Growing; p. 26-27)

Monday, June 11, 2012

1 Corinthians 13:11

Today is Monday so begin by reviewing all the Psalms you've learned.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Review the first 10 verses before going on to today's verse.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I can't remember if I mentioned this already on a previous post, but I found a great time for scripture review - while mowing the lawn!

Today's verse is a continuation of the thoughts of the previous couple of verses.  The idea is that the knowledge that we have now compared to the knowledge we will have in heaven is like that which we have in childhood compared to that which we have in adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment