LeRoy Eims on the importance of Scripture memory: "I think two of the master strokes of the devil have been to convince people he doesn't exist, and that Scripture memory is only for children. He remembers the humility of defeat when Jesus Christ, who was tempted in all points like as we are, met him with the Word of God." (What Every Christian Should Know About Growing; p. 26-27)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Psalm 139:14

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  your works are wonderful,  I know that full well.

Begin by reviewing the first 13 verses of Psalm 139.

Now learn today's verse.

I wanted to include an excerpt from a sermon by Ken Ritz...
God created you exactly the way you are.  It was part of his perfect plan for you.

He wanted you to look just like you look, He wanted you to have exactly the skills and abilities and talents you have.

That was his perfect design for you.....

Would you say the same thing David did?

Do you look at the way you’re made, and say, "wow, God, you did a great job on me, I am wonderfully made. Way to go, God."

Not many of us are really that excited about the way God made us....



Many of us are very self-critical, always putting ourselves down.

Maybe you don’t say it out loud. Maybe you walk in here smiling, but inside you’re saying, 

"I’m fat.
I’m dumb.
I’m ugly.
I’m slow.
I’m a bad person.
I’m a terrible Christian.
I’m always late.
I’m so uncoordinated,
I just hope I don’t spill coffee on someone.

God wants you to stop putting yourself down.

When you put yourself down, who are you really putting down?

When you say, "I’m fat. I’m dumb. I’m ugly. I’m no good. I have no talent.” you’re really pointing to the creator who made you.

When you say, "God, I’m worthless. I’m no good. I can’t do anything” you’re really saying, "God, You blew it when you made me.”

God says, "No, I didn’t."

God says, I created you just the way I wanted you, but you just haven’t figured out yet how much I love you, and what my purpose for you is.

When you understand those things, you won’t put yourself down.

God doesn’t care about your outward appearance, He could care less if you look like Brad Pitt or Julia Roberts. "
the Lord looks at the heart." 

We should praise God for his wonderful creation of you.

You are a marvelous creation, and you are designed exactly the way He wanted you.

Do you praise God that you are fearfully and wonderfully made?  Do you praise God that when He created you He did a wonderful work?  Allow that truth to penetrate into your soul.  You ARE wonderfully made.  You ARE a wonderful work of our Creator God.

No comments:

Post a Comment